Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feb 14 - Single Awareness Day

I was reading a newspaper in Bangkok, and came across this acronym SAD which stands for Single Awareness Day. It coincides with Feb 14, St. Valentine's Day. Whoever created this day seems to counter-answer for those who are still single or ultra very eligible.

I thought it was smart. Yes, it's Single Awareness, which sound to me so what if I am single, but the acronym has a totally opposite - SAD! I wasn't sure if I agree with that. I still remember I have single friends who once in a while who will complaint about his fate and do not wish to stay single in his life. Now that he has married, this issue is no longer in his mind. Thank god, my ear is being spared.

For those who are still single, we should be glad we still have the freedom. Yes, occasionally you may need emotional support, but don't forget being non-SAD could have more emotional issues :PPP

Whatever it is! Happy SAD day!

No comments: