Friday, February 25, 2011

Slave to $ ?

Today I had few conversations with different parties at work. They kinda complained the long hours they have to put at work. This became especially apparent when one need to support Asia Pacific role dealing with more countries. Working from 9am to 5pm is not enough, after at home, they need to continue to have teleconference 9pm till wee hours to update their bosses in Europe or US.

I was asking myself, is this worth it? Because of the career and better pay, we choose to work after office hours and not attending to our family? Which has become priorities now? Family or work? How one could reach a work life balance, when there is a constant demand of your time to get work done or update to the bosses in overseas?

At the end of the day, OK you have a big house big car, but is it worth it? As I grow older, I begin to feel I should look after my well being and people around me. We have a choice, a voice and a life. We don't have to slave ourselves to $.

No comments: