Monday, May 17, 2010

Buy an Education or buy a Visa?!

Yesterday on the TV, there was a frantic scene in an Indian runs migration office in Australia. The government has came up with a latest list of skills for those who wish to apply for residency in Australia. This time, the government has removed the low education skills such as hairdresser, cook and etc.

Back to the TV screen, the officer mentioned that his office was bombarded with very worrisome calls from students who studying here and wanting a residency at the same time. Eventually, to me all these loop holes were exposed. The previous government was too lenient and left too many excuses for the people to apply. Am I happy with this? I will say 50/50. I remembered when I applied, I have to attest so many qualifications, and skills in order to be accepted. The paperwork was treacherous, and demanding in my point of view. To make thing worst, even I am a qualified IT skilled employee, when I calculated the points I was only at a borderline.

Now shift back to these group of hopefuls. I do empathized them, however, I am more empathized for those very qualified people who tried hard but never get one!

At the end of the TV program, the commentator said 'If you come to Australia for an education, it's education you are buying, NOT resident VISA!'

No comments: