Thursday, May 6, 2010

Why why why! Why so many why?!!

I was sitting in the office at one of the mobile desk. The desks are located next to a department where it has been partitioned. After sitting less than 10 minutes, I heard a guy in a very thick accent said 'Why is this done this way? Why do you choose this? Why didn't you do that? Why this why that? Why Why Why? Initially I thought I would mind my own business, but the voice is really loud and more than audible. To me it's more of anger.

Another 20 minutes later, he called up a name, Christine come over here! See this, why is this done this way? Who came up with this idea. Christine replied nicely, 'Oh I spoken to these people and we agreed to go with this'. The man then said, 'This is a decision made only by idiots'! Why this why that? Christine replied solemnly, 'Oh I am sorry, I was part of the decision, so I supposed I am the idiot too'. The guy just went on pouring his Why!!

The 'why' thing went on till lunch. I became so curious and wonder who is this man sitting the other side of the partition. I realized, the man is a elderly local guy, who doesn't look very happy, while Christine is an Asian gal speaking with an accent. However, I couldn't stop but thinking to myself, Christine got bullied. Big time. If this guy is her manager or team leader, this sort of things should be done closed door. If it's something Christine can learn, then this old man should speak in a nicer tone and teach her the right way. Whatever it is, the whole place was so negative. I felt this old man wanted people to know he has the power, he's on top but to me, he's so insecure! Right after lunch, I moved away, because I do not want to know WHY!

No comments: