Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bulldozer

Today I had a debate with my taugeh. He told me yesterday, some data screwed up and he couldn't give us the information to prepare. However, we must send out an important instruction tomorrow. In order to do that, we must get data from ABC team.

I told him I will try my best to get it. When I contacted ABC team, there were very busy and in a meeting. When I managed to find them, they tried their best to give us the information, but the data was not accurate. We have to go through a few round of emails and explanations.

Come today, one of the file still hasn't reach, because the data was too huge and the system went time out. This morning my boss asked what time can he has the information. I told him, still working on it. Then I told him everyone need more time, because we practically gave the instruction yesterday and I feel it's not reasonable. However, he told me 2 days is fair. Everyone is paid to do their job, not sitting there do nothing. I pointed out again, we are not talking about who is not working we are talking about reasonable time. He typed back and said, 2 days is fair, and sometimes we must must work HARDER and BEYOND! I told him, OK I got it but I just want him to know, it doesn't mean I AGREED with him.

The whole day my spirit was dampen. I felt one can become so unreasonable and can't see their action on how they can impact on others. The net of his style is .. DROP everything give me what i want, after that you can do whatever you want!

No comments: