Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Job interview

I am looking for a job within the company I am working in. Today I went for an interest interview. Meaning in case the hiring manager is interested to hire me later, she can keep me in mind.

I was quite confident of what the hiring manager wants, however, I wasn't sure if she prefer financial background or IT background. I am mostly with IT skills. Anyway, when I met the manager the meeting was quite casual. However, the manager was struggling to understand my resume. I ended up first 10 minutes explaining to her my experiences according to the resume.

As we moved on, I found she prefer financial background, but at the same time I recognised she needs my skills too, but the priority is on financial. I told her I wasn't dissapoint with the meeting, because what important is I have established this network with her. IF she has opportunities or know someone who is hiring, probably she can let me know.

She gave me some tips on what area I may want to expand, however, it was something I want to stay away. I just nodded and acknowledged it. All I can do is to wait and put my fishing line into the seas. If it's mine it will be hooked up :)

No comments: