Sunday, February 1, 2009

You fat, you stay away!

During lunch today, I was sitting by myself having my nuggets and a coffee. I had just finished doing my weekend marketing and try to catch a breath. In front of me, there was this lady who is very fat (I mean more than obese!) She is very young and she has a smiley face.

Few minutes later, I saw her staring at a man standing at the kebab store. She walked over and say hi to him and having a few chat. It seems they knew each other. Then another younger guy walk towards them and say hi to her. After some decent conversations and few gigglings, she went back to her tables, packing her stuffs and left.

However, my eye glued at the 2 men who were still chatting to each other. But this time, I noticed they were mumbling and giggling behind the fat girl. I knew they were talking funny things about the girl.

I was thinking to myself, why does people can be so mean. The poor girl did not do anything wrong, probably she is oversize yes, but does that mean she is different from us? I always find people who are in a disadvantage position needs to struggle for acceptance. Friendship is not given easily to you. If you are not beautiful you need to stay away. There is no interest at all in your well being.

No wonder people these days feel so inferior so easily. They love to compare what they have or how they look. If they lose, they want to get even. Can we expect we will have a wiser society if we all behave like this? I doubt so.

No comments: