Sunday, February 1, 2009

Morale conduct versus So What!

I read the newspaper today and Michael Phelps were caught smoking pots. He was embarrassed and apologized in the news. My friend told me So What! Everyone has their own choice to do what they like. It's his life, as long as it's in the name of FUN! Why not!

I am not sure if I totally agree with my friend. I do not know what is good morale conduct. Anyway, human are the ones who created them. Yes, it's your life, but I think all of us to a certain extent has responsibilities to ourselves and to the society. Especially, you are a role model to many people. People look up at you to become a better person (good morale conduct - not sure how much is enough). How can you let them down? (Why not? It's my life?)

I would thought education at tender age will taught us what is being considered as right and wrong. However, no matter you are young or an adult, more and more people will quote SO WHAT! Is this a rebellion? I guess human is hard to understand. When you tell them one way, they will go the other way. They do not like to be told. (Because you are not always right! I want my freedom to think!)

My thought on this, do whatever you want! So long you do not hurt me or yourself! If you choose to hurt yourself, go ahead, that's only this much we could advise you! It's your life, That's What It Is!

No comments: