Monday, March 12, 2012

An Iranian tale of "Separation" is brilliant!

I heard so much about the Iranian movie 'Separation' since last year. I was urged to watch it as it was a brilliant human drama. Also, this year, the movie won best foreign movie. I wonder why and with my little curiosity, I finally watched it in Bangkok, when I found it's showing in an Arthouse cinema.

The movie started with a simple scene of a couple in a lawyer office seeking a separation. However, that was just the beginning. The simple conflict then manifested into a deeper layer of conflicts. Conflicts within conflicts, and how it impacts the people around us.

What amazed me, when the difficult situations pushed everyone to their corner and one would give up their integrity or their beliefs in god. Lies after lies, and lead to an unresolved situation. When I thought I could sit down and try to think of a resolution, I felt it was too overwhelmed to stay on top of it.

I would highly recommend this movie if you like human drama. I love every confrontational scenes, it makes me thinks hard, how did we get here and for what reasons? Is it worth it?

No comments: